On this, the last day of 2005, I’d like to offer a few wishes and dreams for the coming year so that we – as individuals and as a society – can live healthier lives. There’s not a chance that they’ll come true in 2006, but perhaps, if we all look for opportunities to make a difference, there’s hope for progress.
• Respect for each person, no matter where they are on their journey.
• Support, in all its forms, when we need it. Tough love counts as well!
• Access to reasonably priced, clean, healthy foods
• Safe places to exercise
• Walking-friendly areas in and around residential and business areas
• Less stress in our lives and in our society as a whole
• Smaller portions in restaurants, with smaller prices as well
• Time to enjoy our lives
See? It’s all fantasy, but maybe, just maybe, if we continue the work we’re all doing, by example, or personally, or publicly, we can all make a difference. It may sound trite, but the slogan ‘think globally, act locally’ makes a lot of sense here.
May 2006 bring you all much happiness and peace.